The Next Morning....


McGarrett pulled into the parking lot of his condo building feeling somewhat foolish for having taken the first possible flight back from Hilo despite having been up most of the night dealing with the cabin and its occupants. I’m sure Danny went to his place last night, and I’ll just see him at the office, anyway, he thought, as he ascended in the elevator.

Still, he couldn’t help hoping as he unlocked his door, and his heart rose at the smell of toast he encountered upon opening it.

“Steve!” Danny exclaimed happily, appearing from the kitchen in pyjamas. “I didn’t expect you back so early. You must be dead on your feet!”

“I...figured there’d be plenty to catch up on today, so I took the first flight,” McGarrett claimed, setting down his overnight bag, kicking off his shoes, and hanging his jacket on the hall tree before coming to wrap his arms around his partner.

“Steve?” Danny asked, his voice somewhat muffled against the taller man’s shoulder.

“Danno, that was too close,” his McGarrett said quietly. “Saved by a bat! How is the bat, anyway?” he asked.

Danny slipped his arms around Steve’s neck, leaning back to look up at him. “Diane and the vet are hopeful.”

“Good,” McGarrett answered, his voice somewhat uneven as he tightened his arms around his partner.

“I’m sorry, Steve...I should have seen Armstrong in the rafters,” the younger man said.

Steve shook his head. “If I hadn’t gone in after that false shot...we could have surrounded the building and waited them out.”

“At night, with the weapons they had? You know you did what you had to do to avoid a bloodbath,” Danny told him. “And I knew you’d never let him take me into the van.”

“I’d have taken the shot, but you know as well as I do that you’d probably both have ended up dead,” McGarrett said grimly.

“But we didn’t, thanks to the bat,” Danny said with an infectious grin. “There’s some toast left. Are you hungry?” he asked.

“Yes,” Steve growled, bending to claim his partner’s mouth.

Danny kissed him back enthusiastically, tugging Steve’s tie loose and undoing his collar as Steve impatiently tore at Danny’s pyjama buttons. Catching his partner’s mood, Danny’s hands went straight to Steve’s pants, unfastening them and reaching inside to grasp his cock.

With a wordless groan, McGarrett lowered his partner to the floor, too impatient to seek even the couch. He slid down Danny’s pyjamas and wrapped his lips around his partner’s shaft.

“Steve!” Danny gasped, burying his fingers in McGarrett’s dark hair, groaning as Steve’s lips and tongue worked their usual magic.

The telephone rang.

Hell....” McGarrett swore, trying to catch his breath as he reached for the receiver.

Danny, suddenly bereft, leaned back, surveying his boss. He found that Steve kneeling beside the telephone, his dark hair in disarray, shirt collar open and pants around his knees looked somehow more erotic than if he’d been completely naked.

As Steve snapped, “McGarrett” into the telephone, Danny moved to his side.

“Yes, thank you, Governor,” the head of Five-O said.

Danny, with a wicked smile, leaned forward to lower his mouth over Steve’s erection.

McGarrett gasped. “What? No, I...I just stubbed my toe on the...the coffee table,” he said, trying to ignore what Danny was doing to him. “Yes...yes, that’s...ah! fine...I just arrived from Hilo, but don’t worry, we’ll...we’ll be ready,” he said. “Yes, Governor. Aloha.” He hung up the phone.

Danny sat up, Steve’s cock in hand, looking worriedly at his boss.

McGarrett passed a hand over his eyes. “The Governor wants to have a press conference about the drug bust at noon,” he said.

His partner’s face fell. “So, I suppose we have to go now....?”

“No, we have to hurry,” Steve declared, a gleam in his eyes.

“We’ll need to take a shower after this anyway, so why don’t we....” Danny began.

“Good thinking, Danno!” McGarrett said. He stood, pulling his partner along, and they hurried towards the bathroom.

Once there, Danny stepped into the spray while still adjusting the temperature, quickly joined by Steve after he had divested himself of his remaining clothing.

Danny wrapped his arms behind his partner’s neck, kissing him, pressing himself against Steve full-length.

“Mm...Danno,” Steve groaned, quickly lathering soap over his partner’s body. His hand went to work stroking Danny’s cock as Danny’s hand found Steve’s rigid shaft.

They moved urgently, the water cascading down over their faces unnoticed as their mouths devoured each other, tongues probing deeply, lips meeting fiercely.

“Steve....” Danny gasped against his partner’s mouth. “I wish we could....”

“Me, too, but no time,” McGarrett panted, kissing his way down Danny’s neck. “Unh....” Danny moaned, tightening his grip on Steve’s cock, and they stood poised in counterbalance under the spray, hands moving in unison as they urgently built towards a mutual climax.

Steve bit down on Danny’s neck and came with a groan, jets of hot liquid dissolving in the spray of the shower as his partner followed suit, and they were left clinging to each other, gasping for breath.

After a few precious moments together, McGarrett located the soap, and they hastily washed up.

Having resumed his scattered clothing, Steve, as usual, saw his partner off at the front door.

“Halloween tomorrow,” Williams observed, putting on his jacket. “Kono will be glad he’s back for his sister’s party.”

“Why don’t we drop by the zoo and visit your little friend?” Steve suggested, smiling. “It would seem appropriate for the holiday.”

“I’d like that,” Danny said, reaching up to give his partner a kiss. “See you at the office....”

Author’s Note: This takes place some time after the hijacking. Apparently Steve has learned a thing or two about priorities....

Return to the Miscellaneous Fanfic Page